Thursday, February 09, 2012

Photo Fragments

Up, 2012



Florid, 2011



Memory Laps, 2012



Feetfirst, 2012



Ruminator, 2011



Stuffed Shirt, 2011



Worldly Belongings, 2011

Being a photo collector, I end up with thousands of damaged photos from lots.  As long as I have been collecting and collaging, I have made use of those marred photos.  I know some collectors who cringe when old images are used for art, but these were not pristine or even interesting.  I do keep the ones that are unusual or beautiful for my photo collection even if they are damaged. 

The collages shown here were made either yesterday, or last year.  I like working with the photos on board, but I also have a very large group of snapshot collages that I have made over the years.  I have plans to put those in photo albums.  I will show some of those in a future post.

2 comments:

Crafty Dogma said...

The collages are super! I used to feel bad about using old photos but it's just like you say, some are damaged and really ordinary or even come in multiples and would likely eventually end up on a scrap heap. At least this way they get a new life as works of art.

Scrapatorium said...

Thanks so much, A! Yes, I completely agree.