Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Experiment

collage on wood with paint, ink, tape, and pencil

This is my first experiment with wood.  It's tiny, about 3.5 inches by 1.5 inches.  I wasn't concerned with the design.  I wanted to see how certain materials would adhere to the wood.  I have had this vision for a long time about working with collage on wood.  I'm seeing if it's something I can make work.  I'll take it a step at a time using basic materials, like a hand saw.  If I like it, then I am going to invest in real woodworking tools.

4 comments:

Crafty Dogma said...

That's looking great A! I really like the "steps" in the collage.

Scrapatorium said...

Thanks A! It was fun working with something other than paper.

Fi Webster said...

This is a fascinating little piece. I've been thinking about working on wood, too. Just thinking, at this point..

Scrapatorium said...

Thanks Fi! I look forward to seeing what you make.