Friday, May 25, 2012

Marilyn

serendipitous collage in my scrap pile


I have been enjoying doing collaborations with some of my favorite artists.  I have also been sending out collages to others whose work I admire.  I have been calling it mail art, but I am not really a mail artist in the true sense.  I could never do what some of the profilic ones do which is send out massive amounts of mail.  I am not concerned with quantity, but quality.  I want my mail to be interesting, both incoming and outgoing.  The only way this is possible is to be very selective.  To avoid confusion, I won't call it mail art anymore.  Don't get me wrong; I think mail art is wonderful.  I'm just trying to make the exchanges manageable and meaningful.  So thank you to everyone who has sent me postcards or inquired that they wanted to send me mail art.  I really appreciate it, but for now, I am keeping my correspondence very limited.  If you do receive something from me, it's because I admire your work.  I don't expect anything back, but if you want to develop a correspondence with me, then that would be great.

3 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Serendipitous indeed. Love your work, accidental or otherwise.

Scrapatorium said...

Thank you so much!

Fi Webster said...

I completely understand your point of view w/ regard to selecting for quality correspondences. I think of myself as a mail artist, but I don't have a large roster of people I'm mailing to.